Pricing and reimbursement
The market access of an out-patient medicinal product requires in practice that a product is reimbursable through health insurance. The processes of price and reimbursement applications have a growing significance for the success of a pharmaceutical company. In an optimal situation, a new medicinal product is available for patients who need it, in as fast and extensive manner as possible, and at a competitive price.
The basic reimbursement status can be applied directly after receiving the marketing authorization and the special reimbursement status can be applied once the basic reimbursement status has been granted for the medicinal product. The special reimbursement status can be granted, however, only provided that the disease is listed in the Government Decree and that there is sufficient use experience concerning the product. The reimbursement status and the reasonable wholesale price as the basis for the reimbursement must be renewed at regular intervals. Conditional reimbursement has provided a new opportunity for the faster implementation of new innovative medicinal products reimbursed through health insurance.
A successful application process requires high-quality documentation of the therapeutic and economic value of the product, knowledge of the Health Insurance Act and a tactic eye in different phases of the application process.
Our pricing and reimbursement services:
- Strategic and tactic counselling in the different phases of the application process
- Basic and special reimbursement applications of a new active substance/medicinal product
- Renewal and extension applications for basic and special reimbursement
- Applications concerning a new strength, package size and dosage form
- Risk-sharing models related to conditional reimbursement and counselling