Risk-sharing models are becoming more common in the case of hospital-only medicines, while decisions on conditional reimbursement are stabilizing in the price and reimbursement processes of retail medicines. By means of risk-sharing agreements, the uncertainty about the cost and effectiveness of medicines can be divided and managed in a way that satisfies both parties. This will ultimately enable the drug to be used by patients in need.
By combining the wide-ranging expertise of Medaffcon and the management systems for risk-sharing models constructed by Tamro and hospital pharmacies (Tamro LINK), we can provide a comprehensive solution for the implementation of your risk-sharing models.
Our service concept includes that we:
- design an optimal risk-sharing model from the perspective of both parties.
- evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the selected model and the budget impact for both parties.
- are responsible for the agreement negotiations with hospitals, providing a neutral expert view on what sort of a model could be acceptable for both parties.
- organise the transfer of money and goods on a “turn-key” principle, regardless of whose distribution service is used (Tamro, Oriola, Magnum)
A successful risk-sharing agreement
- helps the parties to work in a closer cooperation in the implementation and evaluation of a new form of treatment.
- helps all parties evaluate and set the value for a new or existing form of treatment in a more precise manner.
- decreases the risk of paying “too much”, for example in cases where the effectiveness of new forms of treatment is still a bit unsure – and it enables the faster implementation and use of such treatment with a more sustainable pricing model.
- enables faster and more extensive market access of a new form of treatment.