Career in the pharmaceutical industry with Medaffcon
Medaffcon Oy is a Espoo, Finland, based Medical Affairs and Market Access consulting company. As of June 2023, Medaffcon’s personnel consists of some 30 full-time employees. Medaffcon’s core competences are our strong medical, scientific, industrial and health economic knowledge and experience, outstanding process and project management and our wide-ranging cooperation network. We at Medaffcon dive into our clients’ challenges and customise practical solutions for them.
Open position for Data Scientist
Medaffcon is looking for a professional to join our Data Analysis Team (full-time position, negotiable)
We are looking for highly motivated Data Scientist with a curious, innovative and business oriented mindset to join our team. Relevant academic degree, M.Sc. or higher in statistics, bioinformatics, biomedical sciences, engineering or similar, is preferred.
The position requires knowledge and working experience in processing and analysing sensitive individual level patient data, preferably from Finnish and/or Swedish health registers.
You should be ready to perform independent data processing and analyses in various projects. The position requires good problem solving and analytical skills, good stress tolerance and ability to multitask and work independently, still as a part of the team.
Excellent communication skills (including writing in English) and fluent native-level Nordic language (preferably Finnish or Swedish) are needed to successfully run the tasks. Knowledge on Finnish and/or Swedish RWE landscape and/or healthcare sector is seen as great advantage.
Medaffcon offers an exciting position in a non-hierarchical and creative team environment. The person will be involved in versatile, scientifically interesting projects in the field of healthcare and real-world evidence research. We provide comprehensive training in our procedures and processes.
The tasks can be completed fully remote – you can also be positioned in any of the Nordic countries.
- Independent data-analysis and data-processing as part of various projects, including but not limited to RWE studies
- Reporting findings and results (both orally and as a written report), and contributing to writing of scientific manuscripts
- Planning and producing statistical analysis plans for various projects and contributing to study/project protocol and design in general
- Developing new analysis solutions and pipelines as part of the Medaffcon analytics team
- A Master’s degree on statistics, bioinformatics, biomedical sciences, engineering or similar
- 1-3+ years of work experience in comparable role
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, health care and/or academia
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Fluent (native level) speaker and writer of any Nordic language (preferably Finnish or Swedish)
- Interdisciplinary communication skills – you should be able to discuss the project and results from doctors to engineers and biologists or anything in between
- Strong skills in R
- Knowledge on Git
- Knowledge on statistics
- Flexibility and skills to work in various ITC environments
- Knowledge of real-world evidence data sources and study application processes across the Nordics
- Working experience using Swedish and/or Finnish health registry data
- Business-oriented mindset and innovative approach on creating something new
To apply for the position, please send your written application together with your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com , 25th of June 2023 at latest. In your application, please include information on your possible starting date and salary request.
Most prominent candidates will be interviewed during the last week of June (26th – 30th June 2023), due to the upcoming holiday season. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, please contact Data Analysis Lead Iiro Toppila.
Career in the pharmaceutical industry
Do you want to be a part of the fast developing pharmaceutical and healthcare industry?
Our vision is to be the preferred partner, setting the standard of quality within our industry. We want to provide our customers in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare with added-value and meaningful solutions. To achieve these goals we are constantly looking to build our expertise.
Leave your open application
Are you the expert we’re looking for? We would love to hear from you! Send your open application to firstname.lastname@example.org