Mariann joined Medaffcon’s Medical Affairs team in June 2016
Mariann completed her Master of Science degree at the Department of Biosciences of the University of Helsinki in 2007, majoring in Physiology and minoring in Biochemistry. She finished her PhD in June 2016 with research concentrating on diabetes and the long-term complications related to the disease.
We want to warmly welcome Mariann to our growing team!
- 05.10.2022 Gaucher study provides new aspects in rare disease screening and the utilization of data and specimens of the Finnish biobanks
- 27.09.2022 Cardiovascular outcome according to renal status in Finnish patients with type 2 diabetes
- 14.09.2022 Synthetic data and a common data register – the future of real-world evidence is fast approaching
- 06.09.2022 Studies that utilise real-world evidence consolidate relations with clinicians
- 29.08.2022 Pioneers already utilise real-world evidence actively
- 31.05.2022 Real-world evidence completes clinical trials – the significance of data may increase in the future
- 11.05.2022 Medical authority values the consistency of health economic evaluations
- 27.04.2022 Uncertainty is always present when assessing the introduction of a new medicine
- 20.04.2022 Patients with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease are at high risk of death after the first cardiovascular event, shows a Finnish real-world evidence study
- 05.04.2022 National price negotiation of hospital-only medicinal products is not an auction
- 15.03.2022 Utilisation of Finnish hospital data lake data to analyse diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in a real-world setting: Recording practices at routine care should be developed
- 27.01.2022 Medaffcon welcomes Omicron and Value Coaching into the cooperation network
- 05.08.2021 Hip and knee osteoarthritis more than doubles the number of sick leave days and occupational healthcare contacts for working age individuals
- 24.05.2021 LINK Medical and Medaffcon join forces in Real World Evidence (RWE) and Market Access to offer customers full support across the Nordics
- 05.05.2021 DLIMI and Medaffcon join forces to enhance Nordic Real World Evidence (RWE) studies
- 27.04.2021 Characteristics and survival trends in Finnish multiple myeloma patients—a nationwide real-world evidence study
- 15.03.2021 Prototype of a Gaucher disease point-scoring system successfully tested in Finnish patients
- 23.02.2021 New RWE themed blog to start in March!
- 17.12.2020 Finnish ecosystem supports the use of real world evidence (RWE)
- 17.11.2020 Pharmaceutical pricing and Market Access of medicines in Finland